Christian is a partner in Fox Rothschild’s Litigation Department and maintains a diverse practice representing businesses, individuals, and governmental entities in connection with a wide range of business, governance, commercial, real estate, employment, and civil rights disputes at both the trial and appellate levels.
Christian regularly counsels clients in the housing, property management, senior housing, and real estate industries on compliance with their statutory and regulatory obligations under the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and similar statutes, and defends his clients against claims brought by aggrieved parties under those statutes in jurisdictions throughout the country.
Christian also has extensive experience representing clients in connection with complex business litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, including:
- Employment related litigation, including traditional discrimination based claims and complex restrictive covenant disputes
- Unfair trade and business practice and unfair competition claims
- Misappropriation of trade secret claims
- Directors’ and officers’ liability and corporate governance
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Shareholder derivative actions
- Books and records actions
- Copyright and trademark disputes
- Software development and licensing disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Disputes arising from the sale, leasing, and other disposition of real estate
- Errors and omissions claims
- Lending disputes and related matters, including foreclosures, enforcement and avoidance of confessed judgments, workouts, and related matters
- Litigation on behalf of planned community, homeowners, and condominium associations
- Represents publicly traded property management company in fair housing discrimination claims in federal and state courts and before federal and state administrative agencies throughout the country
- Won summary judgment in retaliation case brought under Fair Housing Act against senior housing facility and succeeded in having District Court’s decision upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Negotiated favorable settlement in unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, and employee raiding case brought against national mortgage company
- Successfully represented clients in breakup of complex, closely held business conglomerate
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to law school, Christian was a registered representative with a Philadelphia area mutual fund company and obtained his Series 6, 7 and 63 licenses. While in law school, he was an intern to the Honorable Mary France, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and served as Senior Comments Editor for the Journal of American Arbitration. Christian was also a summer associate with the firm in 2006.
Christian is a co-author of the firm's Fair Housing Defense Blog, which offers discussion and insight on fair housing compliance and other areas of interests to apartment owners and management companies as well as professional management employees.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded membership into the Woolsack Society, representing the top 15% of graduates of The Pennsylvania State University – Dickinson School of Law.