For nearly 20 years, Christine has adeptly represented banks, leasing companies and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation. She has extensive experience with insurance recovery lawsuits, receiver and foreclosure actions, fraudulent transfer litigation and vendor leasing disputes. A veteran trial attorney, she is particularly skilled at cross examination and has tried 15 cases to verdict. In addition, Christine regularly employs her effective communication skills and aggressive litigation techniques to prepare early, critical case evaluations to efficiently resolve disputes.
Christine is also a Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
- Represent UnitedHealth Group Incorporated in a series of jury trials venued in Minnesota Federal District Court seeking more than $200 million in insurance coverage from numerous managed care liability insurers.
- Represent a lender in a fraudulent transfer adversary proceeding in In re Petters Company, Inc. et al.
- Represent a large equipment leasing company in a vendor program dispute.
- Secured a jury verdict in favor of Dougherty Funding LLC in a complex commercial case related to funding for the Ivy Hotel and Condo development project.
- Served as lead trial counsel for a lender in a contested foreclosure action that was successfully tried to the court.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Crown Bank against the federal government in United States v. Petters, et al. receivership action.
- Obtained summary judgment for Crown Bank, including attorneys’ fees, in a guarantor dispute with lender liability counterclaims venued in Hennepin County District Court.
- Secured a pre-judgment attachment order requiring a borrower to disclose all assets and precluding him from disposing of any assets before a judgment was entered.
- Obtained summary judgment for a national bank in a class action venued in Louisiana alleging excessive attorneys’ fees and costs in residential mortgage foreclosures.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Christine was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Christine participates in the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono legal representation to low-income victims of domestic violence seeking orders of protection. Christine is also a volunteer attorney at the Conflict Resolution Center, which offers dispute resolution services and training, especially to those unable to afford services offered by the courts.
Honors & Awards
- Named among The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation (2015-2019)
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for pro bono work (2013-2014)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2011)