Chris is an experienced business attorney who regularly advises and represents clients in Pennsylvania and Delaware regarding everyday business decisions as well as commercial disputes. He works diligently to learn the ins and outs of his clients’ businesses to achieve sensible solutions and account for his clients' priorities and the challenges facing both large and small businesses and municipalities.
Chris handles a variety of commercial and business litigation in state and federal courts, including:
- Breach of contract claims
- Partnership disputes and dissolutions
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Post-acquisition disputes, including claims for breach of warranties and representations in merger agreements as well as claims relating to the payment of post-acquisition consideration
- Investment-related disputes, including books and records actions and other litigation involving claims of mismanagement and breach of fiduciary duty
- Construction-related disputes, including claims involving defective construction practices, property damage, consumer protection laws as well as mechanics’ lien actions and collection matters
- Employment-related claims, including wage payment claims and defending employers against allegations of discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination
As a lifelong resident of Chester County, Pennsylvania, Chris has developed invaluable relationships with members of the community, many of whom are now clients.
- Represented the stockholders of a medical transcription company that was acquired by a competitor. The stockholders of the acquired company filed suit for breach of the merger agreement—the claim related to post-merger payments owed to the stockholders. Negotiated a favorable settlement for the stockholders of the acquired company.
- Represented homeowners in a construction-related dispute against a home improvement contractor. Obtained a verdict in favor of the client in a jury trial in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
- Represented the owners of a business sold to a larger corporation against claims that certain warranty provisions in the asset purchase agreement were violated. The matter went to arbitration and ultimately resulted in a favorable settlement on behalf of the client.
- Represented beneficiaries of a life insurance trust in a federal court action against the institutional trustees who failed to appropriately monitor the trust, leading to a termination of the life insurance policy. Assisted with the negotiation of a favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defended a Delaware urologist accused of negligence in the context of an implantation procedure. Obtained a defense verdict after a jury trial.
- Defended a property management company sued by residential tenants who sought damages for lead-paint-related injuries. Obtained summary judgment based on the Statute of Limitations.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Chris worked in Delaware for a regional law firm, where he focused on commercial and corporate disputes, product liability litigation (mostly defending companies in asbestos-related litigation) and professional liability litigation (defending medical professionals and medical practices against claims of medical malpractice).
During law school, Chris served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Charles H. Toliver IV of the Superior Court of Delaware, New Castle County. Prior to law school, worked as a law clerk at a Philadelphia-based firm that primarily handled residential mortgage foreclosures.
While in law school, Chris served as the articles editor for the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.