Chris represents real estate owners, tenants and developers in connection with:
- Development, acquisition, leasing and sale of raw land, retail shopping centers, office buildings, multifamily apartments, medical office buildings, senior living and memory care facilities and other real property
- Reciprocal and easement agreements
- Entity formation and partnership matters
Chris also represents both borrowers and lenders in mortgage and construction loans.
Chris pairs his legal knowledge with hands-on, real-world business experience from his four years working with a leading commercial real estate firm in Texas on the development, asset management and leasing of retail shopping centers. Chris also has significant experience representing landlords and tenants in a variety of retail and office leasing matters and disputes.
- Multifamily real estate investment/management group: Represented a New York-based client (in a joint venture with Israel's national government pension fund and a large Israel-based insurance company) in a $90 million five-property multifamily acquisition in Houston, Texas, including assumption of nine Freddie Mac loans (first and second liens on four properties, and first lien on the fifth property).
- Multifamily real estate developer: Represented a Dallas-based multifamily real estate developer in (a) the acquisition of an existing multifamily project in Dallas, Texas, in preparation for total demolition and 2-phase redevelopment into more than 550 townhomes and flats, including negotiation and closing of (i) $12 million bridge loan, (ii) $38.5 million EB-5 mezzanine loan and (iii) $65 million construction-to-permanent loan; (b) acquisition of land in College Station, Texas, followed by two separate construction-to-permanent loans of $16.8 million and $19.6 million, respectively, and a $22 million EB-5 mezzanine loan for the development of two student housing apartment projects of 115 units and 342 beds, and 139 units and 391 beds, respectively; and (c) acquisition of land in Dallas, Texas, and development of a 180-unit apartment project.
- International restaurant company: Represented a Dallas-based international restaurant company in disposition, subleasing and new leasing/restaurant locations for dozens of locations throughout the United States.
- Menswear: Represented a Dallas-based men’s custom and high-end ready-to-wear clothing retailer in leases for 6 locations in Texas (3), Oklahoma (2) and Georgia (1).
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Chris served as the head of the Commercial Real Estate Transactions Practice at David & Goodman, P.C. He also previously worked at a Dallas-based national law firm, as well as one of the leading commercial real estate firms in Texas.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine (2011, 2014-2018)
- Named to “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters (2005)
- Named among the “Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40” by D Magazine (2002, 2004)