Chris advises clients in highly regulated industries on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and commercial transactions.
He is a trusted adviser to investors, management and boards of directors in companies of all sizes and has particular experience in the insurance/reinsurance sector and the federal government contracting industry. Chris is also regularly engaged in entity formation and structuring, business operations, licensing, governance protocols and executive employment matters.
Chris has a deep understanding of the interplay between corporate, transactional and insurance regulatory law. His representations in this field span a range of holding companies, insurers, brokers, claims administrators and other third party vendors, as well as non-insurance entities. He handles acquisitions and divestitures, state regulatory compliance, licensing and expansion programs, as well as domestic and international reinsurance transactions including captive matters. Chair of the firm's Insurance Practice Group, Chris has represented insurance industry clients before state insurance departments, negotiated with off-shore monetary authorities, formed and capitalized early-stage InsureTech platforms and advised clients on their corporate risk management and insurance programs.
In addition, Chris regularly counsels investors and management in the federal government contracting and procurement industry on all aspects of corporate growth and operations. Combining his knowledge of government contracting programs, capital markets and commercial lending, Chris frequently guides expanding clients through the complete corporate life cycle. Beginning with early stage financing, certifications and joint ventures to critical transactions and post-closing integration, Chris’s collaborative approach focuses on providing tailored and strategic counsel to growing federal contractors.
Insurance Corporate & Regulatory
Counsel to a global manufacturer on a series of matters pertaining to the proposed acquisition of a fifty-state shell insurance carrier, conversion and merger of captive reinsurer, business plan development, licensing, carrier operations, fronting programs and run-off considerations
Represented sellers on transactional and claims administration matters in the divestment of $650M medical malpractice insurer and affiliate third-party administrator
- Counsel to a regional P&C insurer and certain committees of its Board of Directors in ongoing capital raise, subsidiary spin-off transactions, and related acquisition activity
- Represented multiple MGA’s in renewal rights transactions, preferred stock issuances, program and commission agreement negotiation, and executive employment matters
Represented a multi-state bank in the formation, licensing, and ongoing compliance program for its life insurance agency subsidiary
- Counsel in the formation and early-stage capitalization of a proprietary artificial-intelligence (AI) enabled InsureTech platform
- Represented an online multi-state auto-insurance marketplace on agency licensing and compliance matters
Federal Government Contracts & Procurement
- Represented purchaser in the financing, acquisition and subsequent merger of two CVE certified service disabled veteran owned small businesses (SDVOSB)
- Counsel to the acquirer in the financing and acquisition of a defense-focused government contractor in the information technology services sector
- Counsel to a family office in transactions pertaining to the reorganization of its government contracting assets and other holdings
- Retained counsel to a government contractor on a broad range of ongoing corporate, employment, and transactional matters
- Advised defense-focused federal contractor on issues pertaining to mentor-protégé and joint venture agreements
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Chris was a partner in the corporate practice of a national law firm. Earlier in his career, he was the managing partner of a multistate law firm and held executive roles in the legal department of a national insurance services provider.
During law school, Chris was the senior editor of a law journal, president of the Moot Court Board and a member of the Order of the Barristers.