Christopher's practice focuses on the environment, chemical handling and exposure, compliance, transactions and litigation, including mass tort defense.
Chris provides practical advice to clients in the acquisition and disposition of businesses and assets and the re-development of brownfield sites; counsels clients on emerging health and safety, air, water and waste compliance issues, including nanotechnology, recycling, take back and re-use issues; and assists clients in evaluating and communicating about environmental risks. Chris also represents clients in enforcement matters and environment and exposure-related matters in administrative proceedings and state and federal courts.
Chris is a co-chair of Fox Rothschild's Environmental Practice Group.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Chris is a past president of the Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court and past co-chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Environmental Law Committee. He is a member of ASTM International’s Subcommittee on Real Estate Assessment and Management and played key roles in the revision and replacement of its Vapor Intrusion Standard Practice and in the recent revision of ASTM E 1527, the standard practice for performing Phase I environmental site assessments. Chris also served on a subcommittee of Pennsylvania’s Cleanup Standards Science Advisory Board, which developed a revision to the Commonwealth’s vapor intrusion guidance. He served his home township as a member of the Comprehensive Plan Task Force and is a past member and chair of its Environmental Advisory Council. Chris previously served as a Board member and volunteer for the Legal Clinic for the Disabled.
Honors & Awards
- Named an Energy and Environmental Trailblazer by The National Law Journal (2016)
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" for Environmental Law (2015-2019)
- Named in "Who’s Who Legal” in the area of Environmental Law (2014, 2017)
- Named as one of the leading environmental attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA (2012-2018)
- Named on Main Line Today's Top Lawyer list in the area of Environmental Law (2010, 2011, 2014)