As Co-Chair of the International Taxation & Wealth Planning Practice, Christopher provides wealth management and international tax planning advice to high-net-worth clients and businesses.
He handles a full range of international taxation and wealth issues, including:
- U.S. taxation of foreign pensions, retirement accounts and similar plans
- Outbound income tax planning for U.S. citizens and income tax residents
- Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, and PFIC planning
- Inbound income and estate tax planning for non-resident individuals, companies, trusts and estates
- Including investment in U.S. real estate, securities, and active businesses, as well as trust planning, FIRPTA withholding matters, pre-immigration tax planning, and structuring investment through U.S. funds
- International tax planning for partnerships and corporations
- Cross border wealth and estate planning
- U.S. income and estate tax treaties
- Tax compliance disclosure matters (e.g., submissions to the IRS Streamlined Offshore Procedures)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Christopher was a member of the international taxation group at a Miami-based boutique taxation law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Christopher is an advocate for corporate responsibility and has taught advanced international taxation in the University of Miami School of Law's LL.M. in Taxation Program, (e.g., “Structuring Latin American Investment”). In addition, he is the founder and first participant in the J.D./M.B.A./Tax LL.M. Four-Year Triple Degree Program at the University of Miami.