Co-Chair of the International Taxation & Wealth Planning Practice, Christopher provides strategic wealth management and international tax planning advice to high net worth clients. He handles a full range of international taxation and wealth issues, including:
- Earnings and income planning related to Subpart F
- Income and estate tax treaty issues
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) withholding
- Foreign pensions
- Partnerships and corporate taxation
Christopher also advises on federal tax controversy matters as well as state and local tax planning.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Christopher was a member of the international taxation group at a Miami-based boutique taxation law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Christopher is an advocate for corporate responsibility and has taught advanced international taxation in the University of Miami School of Law's LL.M. in Taxation Program, (e.g., “Structuring Latin American Investment”). In addition, he is the founder and first participant in the J.D./M.B.A./Tax LL.M. Four-Year Triple Degree Program at the University of Miami.