Clair is an experienced litigator in commercial, employment, competition, real estate and intellectual property matters. She has represented clients in disputes involving:
- Employment issues and non-competition
- Idea submission claims
- False advertising
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Partnership disputes
- Real estate
- Quiet title actions
- Zoning and land use
- Construction and design defects
- Preliminary injunctions
- General commercial matters, including successful appeals in state and federal courts
Clair’s representative successes include:
- Obtained voluntary withdrawal of copyright infringement action filed against major entertainment company.
- Obtained preliminary injunction against former high level sales employee accused of violating covenant not to compete.
- Successful appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court reversing Superior Court order and enforcing covenant not to compete violated by former employee of a technology company.
- Obtained favorable arbitration result for home builder accused of construction defects.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in collection action between major clothing distributor and retailer.
- Obtained dismissal of Petition to Open confessed judgment in partnership dispute.
- Successful land use appeal on behalf of developer invalidating unduly restrictive zoning ordinance.
- Obtained dimensional variance and special exception for outside patio seating for bar and restaurant.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for employer accused of disability discrimination.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to her practice of law, Clair was a finance manager for an automobile dealership.
While in law school, Clair was the Executive Editor, Notes and Comments, of the Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law. She also served as a legal intern to the Philadelphia Office of Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service. Upon graduation, Clair received the Reuben E. Cohen Memorial Prize for graduating with the highest academic achievement in law related to zoning and land development.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Active in the community, Clair is a member of the Bucks County Business Association and volunteers with Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania to provide pro bono representation in protection from abuse hearings.