Cynthia advises public and private companies in a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, lending and financing matters, investments and general corporate transactions. She advises public company clients on securities law compliance, including periodic and annual reporting and corporate governance matters. She advises borrowers in commercial loan transactions, including $100 million+ loan facilities. She assists early-stage companies with formation and equity capital raising, as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters. She also serves in the role of outside general counsel for several early-stage and smaller private companies.
Cynthia also has seven years of experience representing clients in complex litigation matters related to commercial disputes, securities issues and brand protection. She uses that experience to help her corporate clients maximize their negotiating position and avoid pitfalls that could lead to litigation. As a litigator, she also assisted clients with e‑discovery, advising on best practices for document retention and compliance with domestic and international data privacy laws.
- Represents the originators in various student loan and other asset-backed structured financings and securitizations (up to $500 million)
- Represents numerous domestic and foreign borrowers in working capital and acquisition financing transactions (up to $600 million)
- Represented Data Sciences International, a developer of physiologic monitoring focused on delivering preclinical products, systems, services and solutions, in its $70 million acquisition by Harvard BioScience (NASDAQ: HBIO)
- Represented MOCON (NASDAQ: MOCO), a developer of state-of-the-art test and measurement instruments and services, in its $182 million acquisition by AMETEK (NYSE: AME)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Cynthia was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
While in law school, she was an editor of the William Mitchell Law Review and a student extern law clerk to the Honorable Donovan W. Frank of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Cynthia serves on the Development Committee for Jeremiah Program, a nonprofit that works to transform families from poverty to prosperity by providing single mothers and their children with a safe, affordable place to live, quality early childhood education, life skills training and support for a career-track education. She is also a volunteer reader at St. Joseph’s Home for Children. Cynthia provides pro bono services through the Volunteer Lawyers Network’s housing clinic and Minnesota Legal Advice Online.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Minnesota "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2013, 2017, 2018)
- Named a "Rising Star" in the Minnesota Women’s Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine (2018)
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for pro bono work (2013, 2014)
- Named among the “Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2014)