Clark is a member of the firm's litigation practice. He handles commercial litigation and business disputes, medical malpractice defense and professional licensing, including representation before professional licensing boards.
He is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Bar Foundation. He is a past president of the North Carolina Bar Association and the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys.
Before Fox Rothschild
Clark was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Clark is an active member of his local community, the City of Lexington, where he is President of the Board of Directors of the Lexington Rotary Club, President of the Board of Directors of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and President of the Board of Directors of the Lexington YMCA. He is a recipient of the Lexington Jaycees' Distinguished Service Award, the Lexington Chamber of Commerce Chairmen's Award and the Lexington ABC Board's Distinguished Service Award. He also served on the Davidson County Task Force on School Merger.
In 2018 he was inducted into the Herb Falk Society, which honors members of the Greensboro Bar Association for pro bono service.
Clark is also very active in the First United Methodist Church of Lexington, North Carolina, where he chairs the Administrative Board, Board of Trustees and the Stewardship and Endowment committees. He also teaches adult Sunday school and leads the church's prayer breakfast.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, National Conference of Bar Presidents
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 1996 – Present (2004-2008, NC State Committee)
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Greensboro Bar Association's Herb Falk Society
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants and Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants in North Carolina by Best Lawyers, listed more than 26 years
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Business Litigation, (2016-2019), Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (2006-2015)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (2013-2015)
- Corporate Counsel Edition of Super Lawyers in North Carolina, 2010
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Litigation (2009)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®