Dan is a dynamic trial attorney with a national practice that focuses on all aspects of intellectual property litigation. He has experience serving public and private companies and individuals in the entertainment, engineering, financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and technology industries.
Dan has successfully litigated intellectual property disputes under the Patent, Lanham and Copyright Acts in federal courts throughout the country. He has obtained favorable verdicts in single chair and second chair bench and jury trials in state courts and before arbitration tribunals. Dan has supported successful appellate teams in state and federal appeals courts. Additionally, Dan has negotiated favorable settlements, business deals and royalty and co-exist agreements to save his clients the expense and risk involved in active litigation.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to beginning his career in private practice, Dan served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Justice Chavez of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
Dan received his J.D. from Cornell Law School, where he was the executive editor of the Cornell Legal Information Institute Supreme Court Bulletin and an editor of the Cornell International Law Journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dan is heavily engaged in diversity efforts in the legal profession and the community.
- Won a preliminary injunction and successfully enforced a non-solicit provision of a contract on behalf of a Fortune 500 company based on breach of contract and theft of trade secrets claims.
- Successfully litigated and negotiated settlements regarding intellectual property portfolio infringement.
- Conducted internal investigations and responded to subpoenas issued by the Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on behalf of corporate clients in the pharmaceutical sector and associated individuals.
- Advised public company regarding intellectual property licensing rights under trade secrets and patent laws regarding a commercial contract.
- Supported appellate team by drafting briefs and assisting in oral argument preparation before the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.