Dan is a dynamic trial attorney with a national practice. He focuses on general commercial litigation, and has particular experience with intellectual and real property issues, securities and white collar litigation and internal investigations. Dan’s representations span a range of public and private companies, including individuals in the construction, engineering, financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and technology industries.
Dan has successfully litigated single chair and second chair bench and jury trials before state courts and has played leading trial roles in intellectual property disputes under the Patent and Lanham Acts before federal courts throughout the country. Additionally, he has supported successful appellate teams before state and federal appeals courts.
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining Fox, Dan practiced at national and regional Colorado-based law firms. Prior to beginning his career in private practice, Dan served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Justice Chavez of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
Dan received his J.D. from Cornell Law School, where he was the executive editor of the Cornell Legal Information Institute Supreme Court Bulletin and an editor of the Cornell International Law Journal. He worked as a summer associate in a large law firm during law school and was an intern for the San Francisco District Attorney’s office.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dan is heavily engaged in diversity efforts in the legal profession and the community at large and maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Won a preliminary injunction and successfully enforced a non-solicit provision of a contract on behalf of a Fortune 500 company based on breach of contract and theft of trade secrets claims.
- Conducted internal investigations and responded to subpoenas issued by the Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on behalf of corporate clients in the pharmaceutical sector and associated individuals.
- Advised public company regarding intellectual property licensing rights under trade secrets and patent laws regarding a commercial contract.
- Represented a supermajor oil company in CERCLA litigation concerning remediation of former uranium mine site on federal and Native American land.
- Advised supermajor oil company of liability exposure pursuant to molybdenum mine remediation.
- Supported appellate team by drafting briefs and assisting in oral argument preparation before the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.