Darcy is an experienced litigator in the areas of aviation and transportation law, representing a variety of aviation clients and others before federal and state courts and the American Arbitration Association. Her clients include commercial and regional airlines; air carriers operating under Parts 91 and 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations; maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities; manufacturers; ground handling companies; aircraft maintenance and completion centers; and security personnel. She has experience handling matters involving compliance with applicable regulations, statutes and laws, conducting related internal investigations and handling FAA enforcement matters.
In addition, Darcy has significant experience handling professional malpractice claims involving attorneys, engineers and appraisers. She has also successfully handled personal injury actions, products liability cases, premises liability cases, property damage, breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud and federal discrimination claims.
* Admitted only in Virginia. Not admitted to D.C. Bar but being supervised by a licensed D.C. Bar member under Rule 49(c)(8) of the D.C. Court of Appeals.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Darcy was a partner in the aviation practice of LeClairRyan in Alexandria, Virginia. She also worked as an associate in the Northern Virginia office of a global law firm and as an associate in two regional law firms.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of negligence and strict liability claims against helicopter operator in federal court on the grounds that the claims were preempted by 49 U.S.C. 44112
- Successfully arbitrated multimillion-dollar claims against client involving breach of contract, fraud in the inducement, loss of use and diminution in value related to completion of VIP aircraft
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of multimillion-dollar legal malpractice claim arising from attorney’s representation of debtor in a personal bankruptcy action
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of claims for civil conspiracy, legal malpractice, wrongful interference with contractual expectations and violation of Section 1983 against attorney client
- Successfully defended attorney client in multimillion-dollar lawsuit wherein the plaintiff asserted claims for malicious prosecution and abuse of process against two attorneys and their law firms. The Virginia Circuit Court granted the defendants’ motion for summary judgment and dismissed all claims against the attorney client.
- Successfully appealed Federal Aviation Administration’s emergency revocation of mechanics’ A&P licenses
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the “Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” list for Aviation and Aerospace in Virginia by Thomson Reuters (2018)