Darcy is an experienced litigator, particularly in the areas of aviation and transportation law, where she represents a wide range of business entities before federal and state courts and the American Arbitration Association.
Her clients include commercial and regional airlines; air carriers operating under Parts 91 and 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations; charter operators; maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities; aircraft and parts manufacturers; ground handling companies; aircraft maintenance and completion centers; and security personnel.
Darcy concentrates her practice on the following areas:
- Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement, in which she helps aviation industry clients comply with state and federal regulations, statutes and laws, conducts related internal investigations and handles FAA enforcement matters.
- Aviation Litigation, in which Darcy represents major air carriers, repair stations, charter operators, airport authorities and other industry players in litigation arising from aviation incidents, including mass disasters.
- The SAFETY Act, in which she counsels manufacturers and service providers — inside and outside the aviation industry — on the legal liability protections provided by the Department of Homeland Security to producers of Qualified Anti-terrorism Technologies.
- Professional Malpractice, in which Darcy represents attorneys, appraisers, engineers and design-build firms in claims involving professional liability.
- Commercial Litigation, in which she represents property owners and managers in personal injury actions, products liability cases, premises liability cases, construction defect, property damage, breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud and federal discrimination claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Darcy was a partner in the aviation practice of LeClairRyan in Alexandria, Virginia. She also worked as an associate in the Northern Virginia office of a global law firm and as an associate in two regional law firms.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of negligence and strict liability claims against helicopter operator in federal court on the grounds that the claims were preempted by 49 U.S.C. 44112
- Successfully arbitrated multimillion-dollar claims against client involving breach of contract, fraud in the inducement, loss of use and diminution in value related to completion of VIP aircraft
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of multimillion-dollar legal malpractice claim arising from attorney’s representation of debtor in a personal bankruptcy action
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of claims for civil conspiracy, legal malpractice, wrongful interference with contractual expectations and violation of Section 1983 against attorney client
- Successfully defended attorney client in multimillion-dollar lawsuit wherein the plaintiff asserted claims for malicious prosecution and abuse of process against two attorneys and their law firms. The Virginia Circuit Court granted the defendants’ motion for summary judgment and dismissed all claims against the attorney client.
- Successfully appealed Federal Aviation Administration’s emergency revocation of mechanics’ A&P licenses
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the “Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” list for Aviation and Aerospace in Virginia by Thomson Reuters (2018)