David has a diverse litigation practice representing corporate and individual clients before state and federal courts. He has particular experience in construction matters, insurance coverage, product liability and toxic torts.
In his mass tort practice, David serves on the national coordinating and trial counsel teams for clients facing thousands of mass tort claims pending in nearly every jurisdiction in the United States. In the area of construction law, he has represented owners, engineers, general contractors and specialty sub-contractors in matters involving petro chemical, steel, heavy and highway and general building construction on large scale projects around the world. He has litigated a number of construction claims surrounding private and public works projects, bonding and insurance claims, mechanic's liens and the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts.
- Member of the national coordinating counsel team for an electrical products manufacturer facing multi-district toxic tort claims.
- Member of the national trial and coordinating counsel team for a welding rod manufacturer facing toxic tort claims in state and federal courts across the nation.
- Represented specialty metals manufacturer after the failure of a newly constructed hydrochloric acid storage tank. Defended against design defect claims and multiple personal injury claims.
- Defended a soils engineer in a design defect claim stemming from the construction of an automated warehouse for a major hospital system.
- Represented a contractor against the owner in the construction of a petrochemical loading dock.
- Drafted contracts for the construction of a pier, terminal and pipeline to include post construction operations and support services.
- Represented a surety company in litigation relating to the construction of a sewage treatment plant and waste line system.
- Represented an owner with code compliance issues for a sprinkler system and subrogation claims after a fire at a health services facility.
- Represented an engineer against $10 million claim by owner for alleged defective design as a result of an industrial waste landfill slope failure.
- Represented a contractor in a $100 million damage claim to a steel mill coke oven battery.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, David was a member of the Mass Tort Group at a global law firm.
Before attending law school, David owned and operated an asphalt maintenance construction company.
David served for more than a decade in the United States Army, first in the 9th Infantry Division and later in the Transportation Corps.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
David is a 100 percent service disabled veteran and is accredited to prosecute claims before the Veterans’ Administration. He provides pro bono legal assistance to homeless and indigent veterans in pursuit of their VA benefits and health care.