David is a seasoned real estate attorney whose practice centers on commercial and residential development. He provides clients with practical, efficient and business-oriented guidance in acquisitions, financing, leasing, planned developments, land use and zoning and workouts.
He has represented institutional and individual clients in projects ranging in scope from 2,000-acre mixed-use developments to small in-fill residential projects and single-user commercial facilities.
In addition to the Chicago office, David also conducts his practice from the firm’s Business Center location in Northbrook.
David's experience includes:
- Land use entitlements, general documentation and financing for major residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments
- Negotiation of shopping center leases for landlords and tenants
- Securing entitlements and resolving land use issues for a national pharmacy chain
- Real estate counsel to Debtors-in-Possession and Bankruptcy Trustees
Before Fox Rothschild
David was a founding member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
He previously held positions as Vice President and General Counsel to a national real estate developer.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
David co-authored an edition of the Handbook on Illinois Zoning and Land Use for the National Business Institute, a continuing legal education organization for professionals.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- Named a "Leading Lawyer in Illinois" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company