In his real estate practice, David assists clients with a full range of commercial real estate transactions. He has represented players on all sides of real estate transactions, including owners, developers, landlords, tenants, borrowers, lenders, brokers and property managers.
David's experience spans a broad range of properties – shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties, mixed-use developments, multi-family buildings, condominiums, hotels, houses and vacant land. Clients benefit from his experience with acquisitions and dispositions, contract negotiations and disputes, structuring and negotiating complex transactions, loan workouts, financing, land development, zoning, leasing, and other matters.
In the area of real estate investments, David has a strong background in advising clients on syndications and similar complex investment structures. His recent transactions include:
- Sale of Doubletree Hotel in Orlando, Florida
- Single tenant leasing and purchase of dozens of restaurant locations in Chicagoland
- Syndication purchases of retail, office, and multi-family properties
An experienced litigator, David works with clients to resolve disputes both in and outside the courtroom. A sampling of his dispute resolution experience includes:
- Evictions involving national shopping center tenants and owners
- Foreclosure and loan issues of distressed properties for both lenders and borrowers
- Residential homeowner disputes
- Construction-related disputes
- Specific performance, rescission and quiet title claims
Before Fox Rothschild
David was a Co-Chair of the Real Estate Department at Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
David is President of the Chicago Real Estate Council, which has been providing educational and networking opportunities to real estate professionals in the Chicago area for more than 50 years.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Named to the list of Super Lawyers for Real Estate (2017-2019)
- Named to the list of Super Lawyers Rising Stars Edition (2008-2011)