Deana has a dynamic transactional practice that spans a range of business matters, from drafting and negotiating corporate agreements and documents to leading all aspects of mergers, acquisitions and debt and equity financing deals.
She also assists a wide variety of businesses with corporate governance structuring, development initiatives and expansion opportunities. Deana serves as outside general counsel to a number of closely held companies in North Carolina and beyond. In that role, she becomes a trusted advisor for the business, advising owners, managers and board members on legal, transactional and governance issues to meet the needs of the enterprise. She is well versed in helping businesses and business owners navigate a wide variety of matters where legal and operational considerations intersect, including board alignment, employee incentives, debt and equity transactions and business succession matters.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Deana served as the Raleigh office's Geographic Team Leader and led the Technology Practice at a North Carolina regional law firm.
A sampling of Deana's representations include:
- A seller in a $500 million stock sale of an IT government contracting company to a special purpose acquisition company
- A purchaser in a $30 million stock purchase of a technology services company
- A purchaser/investor in a $25 million purchase of the majority interest in a privately held trucking company
- A purchaser in a $25 million asset purchase of four check cashing/pay-day lending stores
- A company in a $2 million Series A venture capital financing for a privately-held biotechnology company
- A borrower in a $1 million small business loan made by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- A company in a shareholder dispute where buy-sell provisions were triggered
- A purchaser in the acquisition of several dental product patent portfolios
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions in North Carolina by Best Lawyers (2021)
- Named to the "Legal Elite" list for Business Law by Business North Carolina (2018, 2020, 2021)