Deirdre is a trusted adviser to commercial and residential developers and investors, handling matters related to the acquisition, sale, leasing, management and financing of commercial, retail, mixed-use development and redevelopment projects, as well as industrial and golf course projects.
For more than a decade, she has been ranked by Chambers USA as a leading real estate attorney in New Jersey for her work and reputation among clients.
Deirdre handles the full scope of commercial real estate transactions, including documentation and negotiation of redevelopment agreements with redevelopment authorities, negotiating golf course operations and management agreements, and assisting title companies in connection with title claims and litigation.
- Represented Merck & Co. in the sale of a 434,000 square-foot office building in Roseland, NJ
- Represented LG Electronics U.S.A. in connection with the acquisition of 111 Sylvan Avenue for LG's new North American headquarters (NJNAIOP 2011 Deal of the Year)
- Represented a large telecommunications company in connection with the acquisition of a facility in Branchburg, NJ for $18 million
- Represented K. Hovnanian Companies in connection with the acquisition and joint venture financing of 77 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ, for $70 million; her work involved closing on the purchase of the property, the financing transaction and negotiating certain of the joint-venture documents with both joint-venture partners
- Represented K. Hovnanian Companies in connection with $65 million construction financing with Wachovia for Port Imperial Project in West New York (two, 6-story buildings with a total of 295 condos)
- Represented K. Hovnanian Companies in connection with $45 million construction financing with Sovereign Bank for Four Seasons at Manalapan (692 active-adult home community)
- Represented K. Hovnanian Companies in connection with $34 million construction financing with Wachovia for Old City project in Philadelphia, PA (five buildings with 157 units and a parking garage)
- Represented RDC Golf Group in the acquisition and financing (with Textron Financial Services) of the Blue Heron Golf Course (the East Course) in Galloway Township, and handled the lease by RDC of the West Course
- Represented Matzel & Mumford in the negotiation and closing of numerous land-acquisition projects
- Represented RDC Golf Group in connection with the acquisition and financing of Shackamaxon Golf and Country Club
- Represent Lennar Homes in connection with numerous land acquisition projects, including Port Imperial in Weehawken, NJ
Deirdre previously served as Managing Partner of the firm’s Morristown office and a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Real Estate in New Jersey (2009-2020)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Real Estate Law in New Jersey (2006, 2008-2021)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Female" list for Real Estate in New Jersey (2009, 2012)*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" for Real Estate Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers (2007-2021)*
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated*