Diana centers her practice on commercial real estate transactions and financing, with an emphasis on commercial leasing, loan remedies and foreclosure, commercial lending and real estate title research.
She has extensive experience working with major lenders, banks and life insurance companies to develop commercial real estate loan documents, policies, loan closing procedures and training programs.
Diana has developed experience with niche property-types and issues, including:
- assisted living facilities
- church financing
- ground leasing
- railroad rights-of-way issues
Diana is well versed in handling a variety of commercial real estate transactions, closing and negotiating commercial real estate loans, negotiating commercial leases from both the landlord and tenant perspectives, and managing litigation having real estate issues and commercial lending issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Diana was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
She was formerly in-house counsel for Lincoln Financial Group (formerly Jefferson-Pilot Financial) in Greensboro, NC, and was also formerly in-house counsel for Wachovia Bank, N.A. in Winston-Salem, NC.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Diana was selected as an American College of Mortgage Attorneys Fellow in 2004 and currently serves on their Board of Regents and as Co-Chair of the Opinions Committee. She is an active member of Westminster Presbyterian Church (Charlotte, NC), where she enjoys participating in the handbell choir and teaching third grade Sunday School.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Women in Business Honoree by the Charlotte Business Journal (2019)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Banking and Finance Law (2018) and Real Estate Law (2018, 2019) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Named among the 50 Most Influential Women by The Mecklenburg Times (2016)
- Named a Leader In Law by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly Magazine (2013)
- Recipient of the Women Extraordinaire Award from Charlotte Business Leader Magazine (2011)
- Inducted into the Erskine College Academic Hall of Fame (2010)
- Recipient of the Erskine College Young Alumni Award (2004)