Dori is a skilled litigator whose practice centers on labor and employment claims, trust and estate matters and business disputes.
She routinely counsels clients in commercial litigation matters concerning breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust, noncompete, fraud and negligence claims and insurance matters.
Dori also frequently defends and counsels management, companies and employers in labor and employment litigation matters pertaining to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, leave/restraint, whistle-blower claims, wage and overtime claims and ADA access suits (including online access); and cannabis issues.
Trustees, fiduciaries and beneficiaries turn to Dori in complex litigation controversies related to the management and distribution of trust, estates and guardianships. She has extensive experience representing corporate fiduciaries, financial services companies and banks.
Dori also has experience in representing manufacturers in product liability litigation and the defense of complex individual and class claims against large corporate clients in state, federal and multidistrict courts.
Dori has successfully:
- Won a full defense verdict in a weeklong FINRA securities/employment arbitration involving age discrimination, wrongful termination, civil theft, fraudulent inducement and defamation.
- Obtained a full summary judgment for the defendant/employer in a Fair Labor Standards Act case that was affirmed at the appellate level. Thereafter, obtained costs order against plaintiff and sanctions order against plaintiff’s attorney from Chief Judge K. Michael Moore of the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida.
- Succeeded in obtaining a defense summary judgment in favor of a corporate trustee in a claim alleging civil theft of trust funds in excess of $19 million. Thereafter, resolved appeal for trustee.
- Defended a trustee in a bench trial in federal court, in which the plaintiffs were asserting various breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust claims directed to the former trustee, claiming significant damages. Resolved appeal in favor of trustee.
- Achieved a full defense verdict after a weeklong bench trial in federal court alleging millions in damages in a securities matter involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation and negligence.
- Won a summary judgment dismissal of all claims in a federal court matter involving breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence directed to a trustee seeking $18 million in damages. Resolved related appellate action and obtained attorneys’ fee award for client.
- Obtained a summary judgment in a federal court matter alleging $3 million in damages involving claims of conversion, civil theft and unjust enrichment and further recovered defense attorneys’ fees.
Before Fox Rothschild
In law school, Dori served as Associate Editor of the Nova Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dori is a member of the Human Resource Association of Palm Beach County and Society for Human Resource Management.
She also dedicates substantial time to improving the welfare of children. Since 2002, Dori has served on the Board of Directors of Opportunity, Inc. She also founded the Young Friends of Opportunity in which she served as its chair from 2003-2008. Dori currently serves on its executive committee.
Dori also served as a chair of the South Florida Alumni Club of the University of Maryland from 2000 – 2010, and currently serves on the steering committee.
National Survey on Marijuana in the Workplace and Drug Testing Laws
This national survey provides links to laws and regulations governing medical marijuana, recreational marijuana and occupational drug testing laws in each state where marijuana has been legalized, as well as summaries of important court rulings interpreting these rules.
ACC Presentation on "Navigating a Corporate Crisis"
View PowerPoint Presentation
Deposition Survival Guide:
Best Practices for In-House Counsel and Corporate Supervisors
From Preservation of Corporate Documents to Corporate Depositions
View PowerPoint Presentation
South Florida Trial Practice
To successfully navigate South Florida’s court system, it’s key to have a trusted team of experienced trial litigators to help you tackle complex legal issues throughout the region. Dori is a regular contributor to the South Florida Trial Practice Blog. She posts on topics related to employment discrimination and harassment, including new court decisions and legislation, compliance, best practices, interesting trends in workplace relations and employment-related issues affecting Florida employers.
In the Weeds
Dori is a frequent contributor to In the Weeds, a blog that aims to help keep today’s cannabis entrepreneur well-informed.
Honors & Awards
- Named to a list of 250 Cannabis Law Experts by Databird Research Journal (2018)
- Recognized by Big Brothers & Big Sisters Palm Beach County as "Big Sister of the Year" (2003)