Garrett represents various financial institutions, including banks and insurance companies, in connection with all aspects of real estate lending, including loan originations, loan workouts and loan collections. He also has extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Garrett was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- Named Greensboro Best Lawyers Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year (2019)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Real Estate Law in North Carolina by Best Lawyers, listed more than 21 years
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, listed Real Estate Transactions (2006), Real Estate (2007-2018)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Real Estate (2013-2015)
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Real Estate (2005, 2007, 2008, 2010-2013, 2017)