We are experienced with assisting U.S. and international companies with economic development projects, including site assessment, regulatory approvals, development, infrastructure and incentives.
Our attorneys are deeply familiar with state and local incentive packages that bolster the expansion of businesses. From analyzing financing options with tax credits, bonds and grants to procuring incentives, negotiating agreements and structuring partnerships for major projects, we are strategic allies to our clients and help them ensure compliance at every step. Our full-service team integrates attorneys who hold key relationships state and local officials and have a deep bench of experience in relevant real estate and construction, public finance, labor and employment, tax and government contract procurement issues.
Our recent representations include:
- NC League of Municipalities in Duke Energy’s most recent rate cases
- Biogas companies that convert swine and poultry litter into renewable natural gas
- Belgian-based Lotus Bakeries in the development of their first U.S. facility in Mebane, North Carolina
- Subaru of America Inc. in connection with the relocation its North American headquarters to Camden, New Jersey, securing $118 million in state tax credits to finance the construction of a 250,000-square-foot facility. In addition, represented Subaru in the lease of an adjacent 83,000-square-foot training center from a large real estate investment trust.
- City of Philadelphia and its economic development authority in connection with the expansion of the city’s sports complex, handling coordination with the state government, financing, leasing, environmental matters, insurance and all other aspects of the development. Served as lead attorney in the land assemblage and lease negotiations, which resulted in the development of Citizens Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field, and the respective occupancy by the Philadelphia Phillies and the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Technion University, in the drafting and negotiating of a joint venture agreement with Cornell University to develop and construct a premier, state-of-the-art applied science graduate school and research facility and campus on land provided by the City of New York on Roosevelt Island for Mayor Bloomberg’s signature economic development and infrastructure project.