Edgar focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and has experience in product liability and financial services matters. He approaches every task with dedication and attention to detail to meet all client needs.
- Assisted in defense of multibillion-dollar claims against the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate, including successful opposition to motions to transfer of mortgage put-back claims filed in New York, securing dismissals of collateral actions in the states of Texas and Utah, and victory in 2018 trial.
- Collaborated in securing a favorable settlement of benefit dispute for the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) in Denver District Court.
- Assisted in representation of AIG subsidiary before FINRA on claims against former financial brokers for breach of restrictive covenants, trade secrets violations, and electronic fraud.
- Assisted in low-bono representation of private individual on claims for breach of contract and warranty against local car dealership that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Collaborated in successful representation of an international company CEO in an internal investigation.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Edgar was an associate at RBF Law. He previously served as a judicial law clerk to Judge Andrew P. McCallin in Denver District Court.
During law school, Edgar worked as a law clerk in various prominent law firms throughout the Denver-Metro area, assisting in different aspects of the litigation process in cases at the state and federal level. He also completed externships at the Colorado Court of Appeals, with Judge Jerry N. Jones and at the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, with Judge Robert E. Blackburn.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Edgar is dedicated to various diversity and pro bono efforts. He co-founded Law School – Yes We Can, a program that helps students from underrepresented backgrounds gain access to a law school education by assigning them attorney mentors and educational workshops. Edgar also collaborated with the Dean of DU Law and student groups to launch the first-of-its-kind Immigration Law and Policy Clinic in the state, which provides representation for indigent clients in immigration proceedings. He is a supporter of DU Law’s Immigration Justice Project and the Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN).
Edgar also volunteers on the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Denver Legal Nights, helping low-resource individuals navigate the legal system, and serves as a delegate to the Colorado Bar Association/Colorado Judicial Institute Diversity on the Bench Coalition.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, RMIAN Immigrant Liberty Award (2017)
- Named as a Rising Star by Attorney at Law Magazine (2018)