The Intersection of Schools and Social Media: Important Issues To Consider
300 Sentry Parkway East
Blue Bell, PA 19422-3001
Join us for the next program in our Education Lunch & Learn series as we discuss social media issues and how school districts can shape their policies to promote a safe environment and mitigate liability risk.
Our panel will address some of the most pressing questions school administrators face, including:
- Does the First Amendment protect negative comments on a government official’s social media site?
- Under the First Amendment, what qualifies as a “public forum” on social media?
- When can a district discipline students for online conduct?
- How can districts respond to student misconduct on social media when multiple students are involved?
- What provisions should districts include in their cyberbullying policies to account for conduct that occurs outside of school?