Ed spent more than 35 years in business law and related fields.
He concentrated his practice in the areas of business and individual bankruptcies, lender workouts and the representation of bankruptcy trustees. With a presence in the firm’s Philadelphia and Blue Bell offices, Ed served as counsel to hundreds of clients, including debtors, trustees, and creditors in bankruptcy and banks and private lenders.
Ed also served as a bonded Chapter 11 trustee and a state and federal receiver.
Before Fox Rothschild
Ed was a law clerk to the Hon. William A. King, Jr., U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as well as the Hon. Joseph L. McGlynn of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He served on the Third Circuit Judicial Merit Selection Committees to select both Bankruptcy and Magistrate Judges for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ed was appointed by the Senate of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority (PICA). He practiced in Philadelphia for over 25 years before joining Fox Rothschild.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ed was a frequent guest lecturer at seminars sponsored by the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He wrote on bankruptcy and collection law for the American Bar Association as well as the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations. Additionally, Ed was elected as a Director of the Montgomery Bar Association and served on its Executive Committee.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2021)
- Named a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" in the area of Bankruptcy: Business (2007-2010, 2013-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Bankruptcy Lawyers in America
- Man of the Year, Italian American Press Club