Startup and Emerging Growth
Elle has assisted in the launch and/or development of their franchise programs and drafting of franchise-related documents for numerous startup and emerging growth franchise systems, including:
- a Philadelphia-based 1950s diner concept
- an East Coast-based sweet ice cream concept
- a New York-based hot yoga concept
- a Texas-based Pilates-based fitness concept
- a Pennsylvania-based online journal concept
- a Northeast-based home organizational and de-cluttering concept
- a startup maid and cleaning service franchise concept
- a Pittsburgh-based DIY party concept
- a Florida-based dryer vent cleaning service franchise concept as well as water remediation service concept
She has also represented:
- An established appraisal car service company in its national franchise system 50-state launch as well as its annual franchise renewal registrations and updates.
- A southern barbeque-themed restaurant service franchisor with more than dozen locations across the United States in its conversion from a licensing to franchising structure.
- A provider of youth amateur sports leagues and camps in the organization of its franchise system and preparation of its franchise disclosure documents and agreements.
- A startup California-based franchisor offering medical service franchises in the structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- An established Puerto Rico-based healthy fast casual food concept expanding into the United States, including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement.
Elle has represented:
- A France-based fine candy franchise concept expanding into the United States, including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement.
- A large and established Asian bakery and sandwich chain in its expansion into franchising in the United States.
- An area representative of a Brazilian healthy food concept in the drafting and negotiation of its Representative and Development Agreement in the United States.
- A Korean specialty ice cream chain in its expansion into franchising in the United States including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement and franchise state legal compliance issues.
- A tea and beverage licensor in its international expansion through licensing arrangements.
- An East Coast fast casual concept on the drafting of terms for granting master franchise rights of large fast casual concept in India.
Additional Franchise, Distribution & Licensing Matters
Elle has represented:
- National franchise systems ranging from five to more than 500 units in a variety of industries, including fast-casual food and beverage, child-care, automotive and retail, providing franchise regulatory and transactional counsel.
- A U.S.-based regional liquor distillery in an $8 million investment by an international private equity group.
- A well-respected caterer in the structuring of a licensing program for online party and event planning and securing state franchise exemptions for the client offering fractional franchises.
- A publicly traded BBQ wing restaurant service franchisor in the rapid expansion and restructuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- A 100-year-old East Coast Italian food distributor in drafting distribution terms and conditions and related contractual matters.
- A New Jersey based seafood wholesaler in the negotiation and drafting of product distributor agreements with local partners.
- A licensor of cupcake stores in its business arrangements with bakery licensees located in three major cities.
- An established printing and publishing company in strategizing and structuring its franchise system utilizing the fractional franchise exemption.
- A New York City high-end restaurateur in utilizing state and federal franchise exemptions from registration and disclosure.
- An established East Coast jeweler in utilizing the fractional franchise exemption to expand locations.
- A holding company of food service franchises in the sale of 12 of its store locations in two separate transactions.