Coronavirus Resources for NJ Businesses
New Jersey businesses and individuals are looking for guidance to weather the profound effects on our economy brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below are some of the most helpful resources to explain the two important laws passed by Congress – the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act – as well as more specific guidance and links to free webinars in some key areas of law.
The CARES Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act or CARES Act provides financial support for small businesses and targeted sectors of the economy, along with direct cash payments to many Americans and enhanced resources for medical support.
For businesses in New Jersey – especially small businesses – the CARES Act may offer a lifeline to remain solvent through the pandemic. These resources were compiled by attorneys who are experienced in corporate financing and advising on Small Business Administration loans.
WEBINAR: Assessing Your Loan Options Under the CARES Act
Friday, April 3, 2020
Listen to a recording of the webinar or view the presentation.
Our panelists will detail the differences between the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program and the 7(a) Paycheck Protection Program, explaining which option may best fit a company’s needs and strategic objectives.
- Understanding the CARES Act: The $2.2 Trillion Stimulus Package
- CARES Act CHART: A Comparison of SBA Loan Programs
- An Employer’s Guide to CARES Act Relief
The FFCRA and Paid Leave Tax Credits
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) mandates paid sick leave and family and medical leave, authorizes enhanced unemployment compensation, places new coverage requirements on group health plans and provides federal tax credits to help offset the costs.
- Federal Law Mandates Paid Sick Leave, Enhanced Unemployment
- How the FFCRA Paid Leave Tax Credits Work
- New FAQs on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Webinar: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: An Analysis for Employers
- NJ Restricts Construction. Issues New Mandates for Retail, Warehouses, Manufacturers
- NJ Allows Construction Work to Continue With Precautions
Employee Benefits & Health Plans
- Safeguarding Participant Contributions to Your 401(k) Plan
- Workforce Reductions and Multiemployer Pension Plan Withdrawal Liability
Labor & Employment
- NJ Delays Expansion of WARN Act in Light of Coronavirus Crisis
- What Employers Should Do When an Employee Contracts COVID-19
- New Jersey Expands Earned Sick Leave and State Benefits
- OSHA Guidance on an Employee’s Right to Refuse to Work
- What to Do If You Have to Furlough Employees
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- New Jersey Enacts Broad Coronavirus Relief and Worker Protection Package
- The New Jersey WARN Act Creates Risk for Closures and Mass Layoffs
- COVID-19 In-House Counsel Contract Checklist
- Insurance: Business Interruption, Event Cancellation and Travel Insurance
- Navigating NJ's Restrictions on Short Term Rentals Under COVID-19
- New Jersey Economic Relief Programs for Various Businesses
- Rent and Mortgage Payments in the Time of COVID-19
- NJ – How COVID-19 Is Impacting Commercial Contracts
- Electronic Recording Options for Real Estate Documents
- NJ – Property Tax Appeal Filing Deadline Extended to May 1st at the Earliest
- NJ – Measures Taken to Assist Business Due to COVID-19
White-Collar Criminal Defense & Regulatory Compliance