Emily represents clients in business litigation, antitrust and franchise litigation as well as labor and employment issues. She represents both franchisors and franchisees in litigation and transactional contexts. Emily assists clients in a range of labor and employment issues, including noncompete/nondisclosure agreements, discrimination claims and claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
She also has experience regarding insurance coverage issues, including property damage related to hurricane and arson losses.
In addition, Emily has experience in real estate litigation, with particular experience in landlord/tenant evictions, including matters involving housing subject to HUD regulations.
Before Fox Rothschild
Emily was an associate at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
While in law school, Emily served as editor-in-chief of the South Carolina Law Review. Her academic honors include Compleat Lawyer Award - Bronze (2015); Order of the Coif (2015); Order of the Wig and Robe (2014); Richard J. Foster Award (2013); J. Waties Waring Scholarship (2012-2015); CALI Award for Civil Procedure (2013), Evidence (2014), Appellate Advocacy (2014) and Civil Litigation Capstone (2015); and the John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court (2014-2015).
Honors & Awards
- Named to the "Legal Elite" list by Greenville Business Magazine (2020)
- Named to the "Best & Brightest 35 and Under" list by Greenville Business Magazine (2019)
- Named to the list of South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, for Franchise/Dealership (2018-2020)
- Recipient of the Star of the Quarter Award, South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division (2017)
- Recipient of the Edward (Jack) Wood Dunham Rising Scholars Award, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising (2016)