Emily is a litigator who represents clients in complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country. She has experience handling a broad range of business litigation matters, including:
- Business torts;
- Contract disputes;
- Insurance coverage and bad faith;
- Consumer class actions;
- Construction disputes; and
- High value personal injury defense.
Emily also counsels clients on a variety of pre-litigation and regulatory compliance matters.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Emily was a summer associate with the firm. She was also a certified legal intern for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, where she represented SEPTA in depositions and a number of successful arbitrations. Emily also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Thomas C. Branca of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas.
While in law school, Emily served as executive editor of Temple University Beasley School of Law’s Political and Civil Rights Law Review. She was a Rubin Public Interest Fellow, a Certificate of Trial Advocacy recipient and a Law Faculty Merit Scholar. In addition, Emily served as a Teacher’s Assistant in Temple’s Legal Research and Writing Program and earned multiple “Best Paper” awards in the categories of Advanced Trial Advocacy and Legal Research and Writing.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Emily is an active volunteer with Philadelphia VIP, a regional hub for pro bono legal services, representing low-income individuals in a variety of litigation matters. Emily also serves on the Board of Directors of the Alumni Society Board for the Schreyer Honors College at Penn State University.
While pursuing her undergraduate degree, Emily was involved with Penn State’s IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon, the world’s largest student-run philanthropy. Through this organization, she stood for 46 hours to raise money for pediatric cancer.
- Defended client in proceedings supplemental in the Northern District of Indiana with judgment at issue totaling over $50 million;
- Defended client in “evaporated cane juice” class action in the Northern District of California, resulting in a motion to dismiss with prejudice;
- Prosecuted and defended multiple federal declaratory judgment actions;
- Represented condominium association against a multi-million dollar wrongful death claim, culminating in favorable settlement;
- Represented meat distributor in carrier liability case, culminating in favorable settlement