Fox has one of the largest groups of entertainment lawyers in the United States. With more than 40 entertainment lawyers located in Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, North Carolina and Atlanta, we help empower our individual and business clients’ success. Backed by a full-service national firm, we bring an impressive depth of experience to counseling, transactional and litigation matters.
Our network of relationships spans nearly every sector of the entertainment industry, including music, film, TV, digital media, theater, literary and fashion. We work with artists, creators, influencers, executives and businesses.
Senior entertainment executives rely on Fox to help them successfully negotiate compensation packages that recognize their worth, protect their rights and provide for their future. Fox helps executives evaluate offer letters, design and weigh incentive programs and other benefits, and compose counteroffers that convert opportunities into binding employment agreements.
We provide entertainment companies with comprehensive production legal services, handling the full range of everyday legal issues that arise during the making of films, television and digital streaming series and other media productions including, but not limited to, entity formation, union signatory applications, financing, location releases, key crew and talent agreements, shopping agreements, development deals and more. In addition, we can provide harassment and bias training.
Fox attorneys have also spent decades assisting actors, producers, writers, directors, musicians, composers, athletes and other creative professionals in protecting their life’s work and growing their personal brands. We strike innovative multiplatform deals that help clients advance their careers and capitalize on their talent while safeguarding the integrity and longevity of their art. We get it, and we want our clients to win.
Proactive counsel. Fox attorneys position clients to take advantage of the rapidly changing digital landscape. Vertically integrated entertainment groups dominate the industry, but the proliferation of distribution platforms offers new, direct access revenue opportunities. Content is currency, and Fox clients are poised to capitalize.
Personal representation. We get to know our clients as individuals and understand the importance of building a relationship of trust. That allows us to offer comprehensive, discreet legal representation for all of life’s milestones and challenges, whether that means negotiating a career-making deal, setting up an estate plan or navigating a difficult family law issue. Loyalty. Trust. Respect. Those are our values.
With a coast-to-coast network of offices and more than 60 practice areas, we are positioned to bring the full-service resources of a national law firm to bear for every client.
- Provided advice, guidance and counsel to an “A-List” actress with a number of brand-building endeavors, ranging from various roles in major motion pictures, television pilots and Broadway plays to a making her directorial debut and the creation and launch of a production company.
- Represented Academy Award® winning actor in negotiations to star in major Netflix film with $100 million budget, including the parameters for use of a cutting edge CGI effects process to de-age the actor for flashbacks.
- Represented New York Times Best Seller author in negotiations with Netflix to adapt her book into an unscripted series.
- Provided strategic counsel to a renowned rapper, actor, philanthropist and entrepreneur in connection with his brand diversification, including the development and launch of a personal brand of cognac, the launch of a new line of headphones, children’s educational series and the development of a book series to help kids learn entrepreneurial skills.
- Filed the first sound recording and musical composition copyright termination for Post 1977 songs and recordings for the international smash FUNKYTOWN and many others thereafter.
- Successfully audited and renegotiated the complete recording and songwriting catalogs for many iconic legacy music acts.
- Negotiated deals for production companies specializing in developing programming in the non-scripted reality space. Led negotiations with several cable networks, including A&E, AMC, The Food Network, Tribune, The Travel Channel, Oxygen, and Viacom. Also represented the production companies in negotiations with the talent featured in the programming to secure rights to their performances.
- Represented a top fashion model in all facets of her professional activities including negotiating her agreements with her agent and her publicist, and in cross-branding activities, including a television series, a fashion line and endorsing fashion merchandise.
- Represented a multinational music publishing company in its acquisition of several music libraries. Managed the music rights due diligence in each transaction to determine and confirm the nature, scope and validity of the rights being acquired, including the drafting of comprehensive due diligence reports used by the client in its final acquisition analysis.
- Represented multiple chef and restaurant clients in connection with activities outside their restaurants, such as special appearances, speaking engagements, cookbook publishing and recurring roles on television shows, including “Chopped.”
- Counseled an award-winning actor on such celebrity brand expansion projects as the creation of a theater project that produces original media content to facilitate and encourage creative marketing partnerships, a licensing agreement for clothing and co-authorship of several genre novels.
- Advised a Tony-award winning playwright regarding copyright work for an award-winning Broadway play.