Fox Rothschild attorneys routinely represent a wide range of corporate clients in the entertainment industry, including:
- Television, film and music production companies
- Record labels
- Music publishers
- Live performance venues
- Apparel companies
- Merchandising and distribution businesses
- Digital and mobile service and content providers
- Advertising and public relations firms
- Colleges and universities
- Hotels and restaurants
In the entertainment business – from startups and emerging businesses to established companies – we provide strategic representation to ensure clients make sound business decisions, mitigate their exposure to risk and maximize their opportunities for success. Our goal is to offer practical guidance that gives clients a sense of comfort and security. We want them to rest assured that they are making smart decisions on the right deals and their business interests are being safeguarded by dedicated and loyal legal counsel who are deeply experienced in the industry.
We help clients skillfully navigate the multifaceted landscape of new distribution platforms as well as the maze of laws and industry customs that impact any potential deal in a contemporary society driven by the digital revolution. Our attorneys have also developed a particular niche in the evolving field of sweepstakes law and advise on both traditional corporate prize promotions and sweepstakes as well as on the legal considerations in mounting promotions via social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and other online portals.
We also negotiate, draft and review employment, distribution, manufacturing, licensing and outsourcing agreements, among many others. We advise on partnership issues and financing, private capital transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and buying and selling businesses.
- Manage the extensive trademark portfolio of a well-known exhibition basketball team.
- Served as corporate representation for Broadway producers and star talent in various productions.
- Advised on film and television agreements and projects, including co-production, infomercial, talent and premises agreements.
- Served as Florida counsel for a major art auction house.
- Served as counsel to Tony-award winning regional theatre.
- Provide counsel to a world-renowned sculpture garden and school of sculpture, handling IP rights infringement litigation and developing an extensive trademark portfolio.
- Serve as IP counsel for world-renowned PGA-tour golf course.
- Advised an Ivy League university in connection with IP litigation and rights enforcement, including for musical groups and athletic facilities.
- Served as general counsel to group of major sporting goods companies worldwide, handling antitrust, IP and litigation matters; managing a worldwide portfolio of thousands of patents, trademarks and copyrights; advising on endorsement agreements for dozens of professional players; and arranging worldwide license agreements with Walt Disney company and others for apparel, footwear, racquet sports and golf equipment.
- Served as national counsel for major international watch manufacturers in connection with antitrust and intellectual property matters, including anti-counterfeiting issues.
- Representation of a lifestyle brand in a partnership agreement with a national financial institution that included a national co-branded television commercial