Eric's practice focuses on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, tax and business representation of closely held businesses, their owners and families.
He has structured and negotiated purchase and sale transactions ranging from one million to more than $400 million. Additionally, Eric has designed and implemented incentive compensation programs such as equity and phantom equity based plans for startup and mature entities. Extending his practice to the cannabis industry, Eric has taken an active role in vetting investments in cannabis related businesses, as well as acting as outside counsel to a vertically integrated CBD business.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eric was a director/shareholder with the Witman Stadtmauer firm where he served as chairman of the Corporate and General Tax Departments. Prior to that affiliation, he was associated with McCarter & English where his practice included the representation of tax clients. Before then, Eric was a Senior Tax Department representative in the Corporate Reorganization Group of Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eric is an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall Law School and teaches Partnership Taxation. Eric also served as an Adjunct Professor of the Masters of Taxation Program for Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Represented two (99%) shareholders in a $400 million transaction involving employment agreements and non-competes.
- Disposition of regional chain of auto parts retailer.
- Represented the seller in a $12.5 to $16.5 million transaction involving the sale of a mining business.
- Represented radio broadcasters in transactions ranging from $5 million to $110 million.
- Represented a privately held cosmetic company in its sale to a public company for more than $20 million.
- Capital raise US based distilleries, and CBD businesses.
- Acquisitions of liquor stores, and alcoholic beverage wholesale distributors.
- Represented client in the sale of the division of an insurance brokerage business.
- Structured the admission and departure of stakeholders in various professional entities.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminant” rated*
- Member, New York Law School Law Review