Erin represents public, private and nonprofit businesses throughout the region in a full range of business transactions. In particular, she represents both buyers and sellers in transactions involving the purchase, sale or combination of businesses. She enjoys helping her successful business clients grow — both organically and through acquisition.
In addition, Erin assists business clients of all sizes throughout the full business life cycle — including entity formation, securities offerings, corporate governance and contract drafting and negotiation.
Erin’s clients operate within a wide range of industries:
- food and beverage
- health care
- marketing and manufacturing
- real estate
- retail sales
She takes the time to understand each client’s unique business and industry, and focuses on possibilities — not roadblocks — to make a deal happen.
In her nonprofit practice, Erin assists clients with legal issues such as formation and dissolution, application for federal tax exemption, nonprofit governance and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented Northwest Aerospace Technologies, Inc. (NAT) and its shareholders in NAT’s sale to Zodiac Aerospace SA
- Multiple private equity financings for Shadowcatcher Entertainment, LLC, a Seattle-based independent film and television production company
- Pro bono counsel to The School of Life Project (formerly The 5000 Days Project), a video documentary and website project consisting of video interviews and images of school-aged children
Food and Beverage
- Represent the Odom Corporation in the negotiation of distribution agreements with various beverage manufacturers
- Represented Sahale Snacks, Inc. in its sale to the J.M. Smucker Co.
- Represented Redhook Ale Brewery, the largest craft brewer in the Pacific Northwest, in its merger with Widmer Brothers Brewing Company
- Negotiated Master Distributor Agreement and Exchange and Recapitalization Agreement with Anheuser-Busch on behalf of Redhook
- Represented Assured Capital Partners and its subsidiary, Northwest Healthcare Alliance, Inc., a high quality provider of home health and hospice care, in the sale of Assured to LHC Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: LHCG)
- Represented Friday Harbor House I Limited Partnership and its general partner in the sale of Friday Harbor House, a waterfront inn located on San Juan Island
- Represented Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH), a northwest-based full service hotel and hospitality company, in a $64 million public offering of common stock
- Represented Red Lion Hotels Corporation in a $52 million public offering of trust preferred securities
- Represented Structus Building Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer of innovative, high-performance drywall corner solutions, in its sale to CertainTeed Gypsum, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain Ltd.
- Represented Premier Industries, Inc., a closely held northwest-based manufacturing company, in the sale of its Insulfoam and Premier Building Systems divisions to Carlisle Syntec, a subsidiary of Carlisle Companies Inc. (NYSE: CSL)
- Represented Premier Industries, Inc. in the sale of its Premier Plastics division to Captive Plastics
- Represented The Bullitt Foundation in connection with numerous matters relating to the financing and construction of The Bullitt Center, the greenest commercial building in the world
- Represented Harbor Properties, Inc. and Harbor Properties Investors, one of Seattle’s preeminent multifamily real estate developers, in their sale to a joint venture of AREA Property Partners, Urban Partners LLC, and other affiliates
Retail Sales and Marketing
- Represented Golden Viking Sports, LLC in its sale to INA International, a division of FGL Sports Ltd. and a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Tire Corporation
- Represented All Property Management
- Represented Blue Gecko, Inc. in its sale to Datavail Corporation
- Represented Saber Consulting, Inc., a leading provider of software solutions to state and local government entities, in connection with an equity investment by Accel-KKR
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Erin was a principal at Riddell Williams and served as Chair of the firm's Corporate Finance and Corporate Transactions practice groups.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Erin is former Chair of the Business Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association. She is a member of the Board of Directors and corporate secretary of the Seattle Aquarium.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Washington Super Lawyer" by Thomson Reuters (2017, 2018)
- Named a " Rising Star" by Washington Super Lawyers Magazine (2005-2014)