Evan advises both established and emerging growth companies on a variety of domestic and international corporate matters, including:
- seed, angel and venture capital financings;
- corporate governance;
- commercial contract negotiation;
- private placements and securities law compliance; and
- mergers and acquisitions.
- Humanwell Healthcare Group and PuraCap Pharmaceutical LLC in their acquisition of Epic Pharma of Laurelton, NY for $550 million in May 2016.
- Quantum Global Technologies LLC in its sale to Ultra Clean Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCTT) for approximately $342 million in August 2018.
- Novasep, Inc. a leading supplier of manufacturing solutions for the life science industries, in the sale of its U.S. subsidiary, TangenX Technology Corporation (TangenX), to Repligen Corporation (NASDAQ: RGEN) in an all-cash transaction for EUR 37 million (approximately $39 million) in December 2016.
- Marketeching Solutions, a leading research and social listening company, in its sale to W2O Group and its private equity sponsor Mountaingate Capital in November 2016. Price not disclosed.
- Red Nucleus in its sale to private equity firm Renovus Capital in October 2016. Price not disclosed.
- Reilly Sweeping, Inc. in its sale to Sweeping Corporation of America, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners, a New York-based private equity firm in July 2017. Price not disclosed.
Before Fox Rothschild
During law school, Evan worked in the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a member of the Student Honors Intern Program. Additionally, Evan was a member of the Temple Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Evan is a co-founder and member of the board of directors of the ABP Alumni Association, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds for local needs within the community of Avalon, New Jersey. In this role, he provides guidance on a variety of legal issues, including ongoing compliance with IRS rules and regulations as they apply to nonprofit organizations and employer-related scholarship funds.
Evan is a member of the Friends of La Salle Academy, a group focused on raising funds for La Salle Academy, an independent, North Philadelphia elementary school dedicated to providing an affordable Catholic education for children in grades 3 through 8 whose potential is limited by various socioeconomic issues.
Evan also does pro bono work with the Wills for Heroes Foundation, providing free estate planning documents to military veterans and first responders (including firefighters, police officers, paramedics, EMTs, correctional officers, probation officers and other sworn personnel from federal, state, county, city and town departments and agencies).
Evan is a contributor to the firm’s Emerging Companies Insider blog, which focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.
Honors & Awards
- Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA) Prize for Outstanding Performance in the Field of Evidence