An Inside Look at the NTSB
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) plays a vital role in the safety of virtually all modes of transportation, including railroads, highways, shipping and pipelines. While many know that the NTSB determines the probable cause of accidents and issues safety recommendations, few know how the NTSB operates on a daily basis.
Join us on January 24, 2018 for a complimentary webinar where we will take an in-depth look at all aspects of the NTSB. General Counsel David Tochen will lead the webinar. Among the topics we will discuss are:
- The latest changes at the NTSB and the effect NTSB reauthorization will have on the NTSB’s activities and priorities
- How changes in technology have altered the NTSB’s operations and involvement in cutting-edge fields such as commercial space launches
- The NTSB’s role in shaping the future of autonomous vehicles
- Recent NTSB investigations such as the sinking of the S.S. El Faro and the extraordinary efforts that were made to document the wreckage at a depth of 15,000 feet
- How the NTSB’s independence sometimes leads to a contentious relationship with other agencies