Anatomy of a Deal: The Sale or Purchase of a Health Care Business
101 Park Ave | 17th Floor
New York, NY 10178
As the number of health care deals has increased in recent years, more businesses in this sector face opportunities to buy or sell. In this program, we will discuss the elements of a health care purchase or sale, including factors that may be important to strategic buyers and/or private equity firms. We will also review what to watch for in the asset or equity purchase agreement, including specific regulatory and legal issues encountered in the health care space.
Topics will include:
- What buyers look for when purchasing a business
- Considerations of private equity firms vs. strategic buyers (i.e., a buyer combining the business with its overall strategy)
- Provisions in an agreement that may pose liability or financial concerns – including indemnification, representations and warranties, use of “rep and warranty” insurance and equity participation
- Reviewing the due diligence process, timelines and deliverables
- Assessing special regulatory concerns and language with a health care deal
Register by February 15. Space is limited.