California Employment Law Update – What Companies Need To Know
2250 Walsh Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Jeff Polsky, co-chair of Fox’s Labor & Employment Department, will outline new employment laws and regulations and discuss the legal trends that affect California employers.
- New laws addressing sexual harassment in the workplace, including expanded training requirements and increased liability
- Changes to the accommodations employers must provide to breastfeeding employees
- A new mandate for public companies based in California to have women on their board of directors
- The latest updates on legalized marijuana in the workplace
- The evolving test for determining independent contractor status
- An update on last year’s ban on salary history inquiries during the interview process
- The latest on Ban the Box, with tips for how to conduct compliant interviews
The California Israel Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit, industry-supported organization dedicated to promoting and strengthening business, investment and entrepreneurship.