COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing: A Primer for Employers and Other Key Stakeholders
Noon ET | 9 am PT
The increasing availability of the COVID-19 vaccine raises a host of legal questions for employers, employees and those involved with administering the vaccine.
Join Margaret Davino, Jeffrey Horton Thomas, Elizabeth Litten and Steven Ludwig as they answer the most pressing questions about COVID-19 testing and vaccination, including:
- Which COVID vaccines have been approved for use and what is their efficacy and safety?
- Who is able to get a COVID vaccine and who is considered priority?
- Getting consent for administration of the COVID vaccine under an emergency use authorization
- Getting consent for administration of the COVID vaccine, including that it is not “FDA approved”
- Liabilities associated with vaccines, specifically the COVID vaccine: the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, and federal PREP Act immunity
- Can an employer mandate that employees get vaccinated?
- Accommodating religious and disability refusals of vaccination
- Can an employer incentivize their employees to get vaccinated? If so, what kind of incentives can be offered?
- Refusal of vaccinations and disparity among populations
- Privacy issues involved with vaccination
- Must you honor a patient or customer’s request to be served by only a vaccinated staff member?