Ethical Obligations in the Digital Age
5:45 - 7:00 pm ET
Model Rules of Professional Conduct 7.1 – 7.3 address how lawyers communicate concerning the services they offer as well as how to solicit clients. In a world of influencers, social media of all types, advertising in both traditional and nontraditional forms, blogs and vlogs, how must lawyers navigate both the ethical and professional responsibility obligations that are specifically wed to lawyers’ behavior when advertising or soliciting clients? In this timely presentation, attendees will learn how the ethics rules apply to both traditional and non-traditional forms of advertising and how some states are changing the rules to deal with our evolving expectations.
- Laureve Blackstone, Levy Ratner, P.C., New York, NY
- Heather Boshak, Fox Rothschild, Morristown, NJ
- Jay Forester, Forester Haynie PLLC, Dallas, TX
- Paula J. Frederick, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta, GA
- Rahwa H. Ghebre-Ab, Lionsgate, Los Angeles, CA