Executive Communication Online Series: Applying Ethics and Law
Panelists discuss the importance of standards for professional behavior in communications, recognizing ethical dilemmas and legal considerations as they may affect the organization’s decision-making process.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define integrity and explain the conduct of professional activities in a lawful and principled manner.
- Reiterate the importance of ethical behavior in adhering to commonly accepted standards.
- Recognize ethical dilemmas to remedy unethical acts.
- Understand the First Amendment as a foundational principle for public relations and communications.
- Articulate conditions for libel and defenses within a given situation.
- Uphold privacy issues within the federal law regarding identity protection, ethical implications and digital record.
- Define applicable federal laws regarding disclosure, copyright, trademarks and fair use.
*Please note, there is a fee to register.