Federal Contractor’s Guide to the SBA’s October 2020 Final Rule: Joint Venture Requirements and the Consolidation of the SBA Mentor-Protégé Programs
12:15 pm Presentation
12:45 pm Networking
Join Fox for the second session in our webinar series on the Small Business Administration’s recent rule changes. The SBA’s 54-page final rule, which was adopted in response to government-wide regulatory reforms aimed at reducing costs, took effect on November 16.
In this webinar, our presenters will explore joint venture requirements and the consolidation of the SBA Mentor-Protégé programs. We are excited to be joined by Audrey Mack with Atkins to provide us with industry insight and practical effects of the rule change.
Topics will include:
- Consolidation of the 8(a) Mentor-Protégé Program into the SBA’s All Small Mentor-Protégé Program
- Significant changes to joint ventures and affiliation
- Impacts on large and small businesses
- Limitations to sole source 8(a) contracts
- Benefits of the new changes to the lifetime limit of mentors, SBA intervention and reapplication period for the 8(a) program
Nicholas Solosky, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
Diana Lyn C. McGraw, Associate, Fox Rothschild LLP
Audrey Mack, Small Business Administrator, Atkins