Gambling in the Socially Distant Future Part II – is this the “New Normal”?
8 am PT | 11 am ET
About this webinar
It’s been several months since casinos around North America began reopening after government-mandated closures, and each month since has raised new challenges for the region’s land-based and online operators.
After a brief overview of the current state of affairs in North American gaming, our esteemed panelists will begin by discussing the rapid increase internet gaming has experienced during the pandemic and its mitigating effect on lost bricks and mortar casino revenue for both regulators and operators.
Next, they’ll consider the resurgence of sports betting and its role in helping rebuild lost casino revenues and attract and retain customers, especially for operators without online gaming options.
Third, they’ll explore the pandemic’s ongoing impacts to land-based operations, discussing both how new safety protocols and procedures have changed the gaming floor and how the widespread operational changes that have occurred regarding capacity limits, social distancing and more might permanently reshape casinos in the future.
Finally, they’ll discuss the lessons learned to date and explore the potential lasting impact on how things are done in a post-COVID world (if we ever get there).
Hosted by CJ Fisher, a Partner with Fox Rothschild, the panelists include:
• Ilkim Hincer, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Hard Rock International
• Pat Madamba, Senior Vice President and Legal Counsel, MGM Resorts International
• David L. Rebuck, Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
• R. Douglas Sherman, Chief Counsel, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
• Ellen Whittemore, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Wynn Resorts