Health Care Investment Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-COVID-19 World
The COVID-19 crisis has affected societies and economies around the globe and will permanently reshape our world as it continues to unfold. While the fallout from the crisis is both amplifying familiar risks and creating new ones, change at this scale also creates new opportunities for managing systemic challenges, and ways to build back better. Health care has typically been viewed as a safe harbor for investors during a crisis. But what about a public health crisis? How can investors gain a foothold, even as the ground shifts beneath their feet? Our distinguished panelists, with deep knowledge and experiences in biopharma, private equity and cross-border business and trade, share with us their thoughts on the health care investment challenges and opportunities in a post-COVID-19 world. The discussion covers but is not limited to the following topics:
- What are the trends like for private equity activities in the health care sector pre-and during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What is the health care M&A and partnering momentum like in the face of COVID-19?
- How will COVID-19 permanently change some aspects of the health care sector and what would be the new opportunities for growth and investment?
- What are the new challenges and opportunities for cross-boarder health care investment during and post-COVID-19?
- How will the broadened scope of CFIUS affect the health care and private equity industries?