HRMAG Legal Conference
August 15, 2013
Human Resource Management Association of Greensboro Legal Conference
Koury Convention Center
Here is a list of topics and presenters for the event:
- Recent Changes in Immigration Law – I-9s and E-Verify; Laura Burton
- Successful Defense of Workers Compensation Claims; Caroline Lock
- A Practical Analysis of Non-Competes. What works, what doesn’t, and what ends up costing more than it’s worth; Julie Theall Earp.
- Best Hiring Practices. Learn how to minimize litigation risks including the benefits and potential liabilities of using background checks, development of written policies as to what information will be gathered regarding applicants, considerations when using recruiters, and considerations when using social media.
- How to Avoid the Most Common Wage & Hour Mistakes, and Being Prepared When the USDOL Comes Knocking; Julie Theall Earp.