Immigration Compliance: What Employers Need To Know
49 Market St.
Morristown, NJ 07960
Join Alka Bahal, co-chair of Fox Rothschild’s Immigration Practice, for an overview of immigration and workplace compliance, including Form I-9 and government inspections.
Noon Registration & Lunch
12:30 pm Presentation
- Specifics about executing the I-9 under current rules
- Documenting employees without violating anti-discrimination laws
- Identifying and reviewing documents for authenticity
- Auditing and correcting I-9 forms
- Navigating pitfalls in the process
- Understanding the penalties for noncompliance, including simple clerical errors
- Handling the receipt of Social Security no-match letters
- Best practices for developing a companywide compliance program
- Live Q&A
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.4 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 0.0 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism, and 0.0 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in civil trial law, criminal trial law, workers compensation law and/or matrimonial law. HRCI credits are pending.