Insurance Dilemma – Challenges in Identifying Adequate Coverage for the Franchisor and Franchisee
4441 Collins Ave,
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Obtaining and maintaining proper insurance coverage is an important part of protecting business owners’ investment from the inherent operating risks. The complexity of insurance issues facing franchise systems is only growing. Vicarious liability claims, employer liability claims and potential claims for security and data breaches are just a few of the increased exposures facing franchisors today.
Eleanor Vaida Gerhards will take part in this panel discussion at the prestigious 39th Annual Forum on Franchising, answering questions, including:
- What insurance coverage should franchised businesses consider obtaining?
- Should a franchisor require a franchisee to insure against cyber risks and employment claims?
- Whose responsibility is it between the franchisor and the franchisee to obtain and maintain any such insurance?
- What is the right amount of insurance coverage and who should the policies insure?
As a member of both Fox Rothschild’s Franchising and Licensing Distribution Practice Group and Insurance Practice Group, Eleanor is excited to participate in discussing these timely and important issues facing the franchise industry.
- Eleanor Vaida Gerhards, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Elizabeth Weldon, Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
- Doug Imholte, Marsh & McLennan Agency
*Please note there is a cost to attend.