Making the Deal: 360 Agreement Mock Negotiation
BMI - 250 Greenwich St. 30th Fl
Monika A. Tashman spoke at the "Making the Deal: 360 Agreement Mock Negotiation” event, sponsored by Fox Rothschild and Women in Music. The program discussed the major issues in a modern recording agreement and the various factors taken into account by both parties when making decisions. Topics covered included:
- Thought process behind the initial offer and deal terms.
- Different priorities that artists might take into account when evaluating deal proposals.
- Issues that bands face as opposed to solo artists.
- What income streams the label will participate in.
- Rights of the label and duration of the agreement.
- Standard language that should be in every recording agreement.
- Provisions that every artist should look out for.
The event was moderated by WIM Vice President and General Counsel Jennifer Newman Sharpe.
*Free for WIM members; $15 for non-members; $50 for non-member attorneys seeking CLE credit (includes one-year membership to Women in Music).