Optimal Planning for Successful M&A – Deal & Capital Structure
This panel will discuss traditional deal structure considerations including asset vs. stock purchase, tax, and leverage, and how to best plan for optimal outcomes, looking at recent evolutions in cap structure, earnouts as well as incorporating capital alternatives such as the sale leaseback. The group will also address evolving trends in leverage and pricing, as well as how each has been impacted by the COVID environment.
Participating panelists include an independent sponsor, attorney, banker, and sale leaseback expert, providing for a holistic and engaging conversation very relevant to today’s dealmakers.
Key discussion topics include:
- Asset vs. Stock Purchase, key elements to consider in purchase price allocation.
- COVID environment impact on Structure / Valuation / Pricing.
- Managing a sale leaseback before or concurrent with an M&A process.
- Independent sponsor approach to cap structure evolution.
- Other M&A process planning considerations.