Paycheck Protection Program Fraud Enforcement: What Companies Need to Know Now
The Paycheck Protection Program was established to provide federally backed loans to businesses that needed financial relief during the COVID-19 crisis. The program proved susceptible to fraud, and federal authorities have undertaken extensive and aggressive efforts to identify and prosecute individuals and companies that may have fraudulently obtained funds.
Join Matthew Adams and Matthew Lee, Co-Chairs of Fox Rothschild’s White-Collar Criminal Defense & Regulatory Compliance Practice Group, for a discussion about key steps businesses can take to avoid becoming the focus of a criminal probe, and advice on how to navigate an investigation if they do come under federal scrutiny.
- CARES Act/PPP Background
- PPP enforcement trends to date
- Early criminal cases
- Federal agencies involved in investigations
- The role of financial institutions
- Anticipated civil enforcement
- Preparing for a PPP audit
- Investigative techniques for PPP enforcement
- Search warrants
- Civil audits
- Best practices for responding