Practice Acquisitions & Alternative Physician Alignment Strategies: From Marriage to Dating to Just Holding Hands
101 Park Ave | 17th Floor
New York, NY 10178
With the consolidation of the health care industry, health care systems and other businesses have looked at how they can partner with physicians to align incentives. This program will explore various options for physician alignment and important legal, regulatory and business considerations.
Topics will include:
- Different models for acquisition of a physician practice
- “Practice leasing” and professional services agreements
- Hospital-physician joint ventures and contractual arrangements
- “Group practices without walls” and “physician super-groups”
- Subsidies and captive professional entities
- Non-physician ownership in health care, including private equity in physician purchases and regulatory issues
- Physician employment and other service contract models
- Compensation structure and fair market value and commercial
- Anti-kickback and self-referral issues
- Management services and other practice support agreements
- In-office ancillary services and use of mid-level providers
David Sokolow, Fox Rothschild LLP
This program has been approved by the NY CLE Board for a maximum of
1.5 professional practice credit hours. This program is appropriate
for newly-admitted and experienced attorneys.
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education
of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
Of these, 0.0 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism.