Putting the Puzzle Together: Bankruptcy Issues Facing Franchisors
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, some franchises may face bankruptcy. But what factors should a business consider in deciding whether to reorganize or liquidate? What does the process look like? How can franchisors protect their interests?
Join Fox Franchising & Distribution Practice Co-Chair Craig R. Tractenberg and Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy Partner Keith C. Owens for a comprehensive review of the elements of bankruptcy and ways franchisors can best handle the process.
Topics will include:
- Warning signs to identify a distressed franchisee
- Franchise agreement drafting to mitigate the risk of a franchisee bankruptcy
- Maximizing leverage prior to a franchisee bankruptcy
- Workout strategies to avoid bankruptcy
- Strategy and remedies available to franchisors in a franchisee bankruptcy
- Franchisee’s remedies when the franchisor files bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy sales involving franchise businesses
- Bankruptcy alternatives